........ ....................................................................................CENTRO SOCIO-CULTURAL - EMBU GUAÇU, SÃO PAULO

Intercambio YIP - Relatório do Ennio

International Internship Report

When I discovered Aramitan and I got to know why it exists and what it has been doing made me feel that it has potential to do a lot of things in communities for Brazil. I felt responsible to do any work that was available to do in and around Aramitan because I didn`t come prepared with any projects. So I was positively moved by the establishment of the Organization. And the more I worked the more space in my heart I made for Aramitan. I didn’t know how it would be If I came with a prepared project so instead I took the “go with the flow “ approach also I wasn’t focused too much on concrete results because a month is too short and I felt it would be nicer to try and do things freestyle where I can experience different things at different times. My stay in Aramitan was fine for me because the living conditions were good and the daily rotor they had was nice, too.


The language for me was a challenge. People would talk really fast and I`d have no clue in what their saying. Other challenge for me was to think of initiatives in the given space of time that would be effective .

The people were so nice in Aramitan, friendly, always busting jokes and also familiar with volunteers. In Aramitan I was a bit surprised when I found out that all the building work there was not complete (after years of work) and they needed permission to have children there.

I learnt that its good to keep a clear mind and not always think too much about things. I`ve found the language of symbols my higher self uses to communicate with – this was a good revelation for me. I`ve also learnt what settles my confidence back and why.

Most of the skills I learnt were in the capoeira classes I learnt a few basic self-defense moves aswell as dance moves. From playing football I learnt some skills in controlling the football (thanks to Kiko!) and also how to balance better.

I expected to do hard work in construction. That did change but I was still satisfied with the hard work from working in the garden. There was a new expectation from me when the idea came up to present my country and its history that expectation was met.

Ennio, giving a lecture about South Africa

My best moments had to have been the "Crie Ação no Beco" and the Capoiera classes, they were fun but also creative and educational. In Aramitan there were many moments that were just as good like playing football with the children and teaching them English.

I didn’t feel low except when Tati was not there she was good inspiration and I felt a lot of things got done when she was around (DUNNO BOS$!) .

I would take more time to prepare and research on a concrete initiative that I can work on with the amount of time I have.


- Ennio Granati

Um comentário: